Monday, 9 July 2012

Explorers Book Tag

This fortnights Craft Boots challenge is a bingo theme where you have to choose 3 items from a block of nine to incorporate into your creation.

My Bingo selection was to use - Spots, stars and stripes.

I used a technique the lovely Gabrielle taught us at one of her recent classes called bumping using paperartsy fresco paints.

The tag was made of Kraft card which I lightly sponged in white paint before using sequine waste to bump the spots using Inky pool, beach hut and nougat.

The stars were stamped in the nougat paint once the backgroud was dry.

The stripes were made using the beach hut paint and the edge of an old credit card.

The cogs were from the Gadget gear die which were dabbed with inky pool and nougat before being embossed with black powder with help of my darkroom door stamps Discover, I used the same stamp set and embossing on the Explore statement down the side and Find your way on the banner.

This is especially for my daughter to take away with her as a bookmark on her expedition to Peru and as this is published she should be 2 days into her exciting once in a lifetime challenge.

Enjoy your challenge it will be great to see how everyone puts there set combination together. Bye for now. xxx

9 comments:

  1. Super tag, great bumping too! Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is so much going on with your tag, the more I look at it the more I see. Great design.

    Dionne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely? Who me?!!! Why thank you! Love this tag. Fabulous colours (really bright and eye catching) as well as jam packed with techniques. I am sure that Amy will be having a terrific time in Peru - she may seem far away but she took a little of home and your love all wrapped up in this tag xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Amy is having an awesome time in Peru, she'll come back with orders from all the locals for GORGEOUS bookmarks!!! I have never thought of using a tag as a bookmark. I may have to find a proper book to read now just so I have an excuse to make a bookmark!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Sara, it looks really good! Hugs, Freya xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning, the colours are fantastic and really striking. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sara this is a wonderful book tag. The way you have used the elements together is fantastic. I thought that would be a tricky combination, but you have done it with beautiful ease! xx Denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely stuff - what a fantastic colour, and all those shapes from the Bingo give it a really dynamic, lively look - love it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an amazing colour Sara! Loving this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. It is really exciting seeing who has visited.