Tuesday, 8 January 2013

We Love Shoes

My lovely God daughter and cousin celebrated here 30th Birthday in December (my goodness it only seems like yesterday when we bathed her in the washing up bowl that very first christmas). Well she has grown up into a lovely lady who enjoys to party and dress up but always thinks of her friends and family.
 
I made a hanging plaque for her using a frame from an Art Part set mounted onto hardboard which had been covered in Kraft resist paper before being stained with aged mahogany.
 
I stamped swirls on the frame which were then embossed with black embossing powder.
 
The die cut model was swiped through a mixture of aged mahogany and brushed pewter distress stains to give a marble look. I attached vintage lace around the middle along with a strip of ribbon to make sure it stayed in place.
 
The words were stamped onto Kraft paper and lighly inked with yes aged mahogany and to tie it all together I attached a couple of brass sandals to the top using a pice of lace and a brad.
 
Around the model you will also see a heart necklace as I wanted to use the hanging not only as a card but as a way to present her gift.
 
I am entering this into the fashionable stamping Challenge #38 - Surprise Us.
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. A wonderful creation, love the color scheme. Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a gorgeous project, I love the rich colours you've used. Thanks so much for joining us at FSC this time
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. It is really exciting seeing who has visited.