At the Craft Barn the alpha challenge this fortnight was to use a word in your dictionary between Ma and Me, after a couple of days flicking through my very old dictionary I decided on the word Mail - a coat of steel, to arm with mail or send by mail.
I chose the " send by mail " option.
The pages were covered in fired brick distress stain before being stamped in vintage photo and black soot. The stamps were from Portobello road - urban stamps, Glitz - background stamps and Tim Holtz stampers anonymous AirTravel for the aeroplane (just right for the By Air Mail stamps).
The word Mail and its meaning were framed in white paint applied using the edge of a credit card ( kept for just such occasions) the airplane was also pre stamped in white paint giving it a bit of a shadow under the black soot.

I like the Royal Mail red colouring and the shadow effect on the plane. A good choice of word and an interesting depiction.
ReplyDeleteLovely red for your Air Mail with Love! This was my word also, so I love seeing your illustration and air delivery theme. And I'm curious as heck about what might be sticking out near the back of your dictionary...
ReplyDeleteHi Annie thank you for the lovely comment and here's what's sticking out t he back its from my letter V page http://mypreciouscraftymoments.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/alpha-challenge-letter-v_19.html
DeleteGreat depiction of mail and good colour scheme!!
ReplyDeleteLovely page for Mail colour is great I nearly went with this word but Marigold won lol.
ReplyDeleteMaggieH
Great mail page, love the air mail plane and the rich red colour.
ReplyDeleteSylv xx
Lovely work here Sara! Thank you for joining us again over at The Craft Barn x
ReplyDeleteFabulous M page sara..loving the white shadow/highlights on your plane against that red background.
ReplyDeleteThis is brilliant
ReplyDeleteThanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn.
Izzy