Monday, 28 October 2013

Crafty Boots - Autumn

Hi for the Crafty Boots challenge this fortnight we are celebrating Autumn so I decided to make something to hang in my home to celebrate this lovely time of the year.

I cut a 5 inch diameter hardboard circle and painted it with Antique linen crackle paint as the background. I then  cut a number of Tim Holtz Tattered leaves in Kraft paper and 3 in gold card. I inked the leaves using a combination of spiced marmalade, Rusty Hinge, forest moss and mowed lawn. Some were stamped with a swirl, others I embossed to give some texture.

The words were stamped in black with some leaves stamped around the edge.

To pull it altogether I decided to dig out some embellishments (and some very special gold snail buttons from Paris) that I been saving for a windy day.

Have a great fortnight but hope you havent been blown away with the wind thats expected today.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous hanging Sara. Love all the extra embellishments you have added and those snail buttons are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely autumn colours Sara. I love your embellishments, especially the snail shells.

    Dionne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is lovely and I love those snails! If they are from Paris then I would love them no matter!! Take care Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning work, Sara - this is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. It is really exciting seeing who has visited.