To celebrate the occasion I have created a canvas. I have never done one before so it was a bit of a leap of faith but I am pleased with the result.
I cut the word love in two different sizes and the number 21 using my cricut. This gave me both a mask and a stencil in both sizes. I then used my Cosmic shimmer Mists Golden Mint and Peacock Green to spray various layers waiting for each layer to dry before moving the stencil or mask to another spot.
My cousin has been using cut coke cans in some of her pieces recently so I thought I would have a go (thank you B). So I used my cuttlebug and embossed three hearts which I then carefully cut out and used Sail boat blue and citrus - adirondak alcohol inks on my alcohol ink dabber (all recently purchased at the wonderful LB crafts in Olney )to tie in the colours. These were then stacked and stuck to the canvas.
To finish of I used faded jeans distress ink around the edged and then dusted with blue perfect pearls to give a slight shimmer.
I have also made a card from a Tim Holtz tag die' firstly I tried to stamp white acrylic paint as a background but this didnt seem too successful so I repeated using a multi coloured green ink pad and clear embossing powder to make the tools pop out . The tools stamp is from the Creative expression It's a Guy Thing stamp set - did I mention my friend is now on the design team of said company and has just done something scrummy with ribbon and distress stains?) I then used Shabby shutters and tumbled glass distress ink over the top followed by faded jeans around the edges and again used some perfect pearls to give it a shimmer.I used two different ribbons and grunged them up with the faded jeans again.
The tag was then mounted on wood effect card which I had distressed with the walnut stain, for the love I used the stencil I had created for the canvas and just dapped the walnut stain through the middle until it was the right colour.
Well there you are another year over and another just starting lets see what it will bring us.


21 years! Wow! It's impressive you're still speaking let alone making a canvas in honour of it!!! This is lovely - all my fave colours and wonderful sentiments too. I hope that you make more canvases - you clearly have a gift for it!
ReplyDelete