Friday, 5 August 2011

A Postcard Thank You

We have just got back from a fantastic week away and I wanted to say a special Thank You to a special friend and her family for looking after our two lovely but excitable dogs, so what better way is there than making my own tag to attach to her gift from Switzerland.

For inspiration I am using the Grungy Monday 18 challenge from Studio L3 using the Tim Holtz 12 tags of Christmas, day 8 technique but will also be putting it forward for the Simon says Stamp and Show a Tag challenge.

So as prescribed I found some vellum buried in my stash it was quite thick so I wasn't sure it would do the job but thought nothing ventured nothing gained. I stamped it using the postcard stamp from my Glitz Clear Stamps distressing set 3  which I bought at LB Crafts in Olney using black archival ink and dried it using my heat gun, after this I covered it with  Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Ink antique linen and heated it using my heat gun until it was well and truly heated. The next step was to tear the edges which I did trying not to make it too tidy, the edges were then inked with DI walnut stain.

Next I grabbed a tag that I had cut using my cricut previously and used DI antique linen, crushed olive and a little of the walnut stain to cover it. I then spritzed some water onto my hand and splashed droplets onto the tag and watched as some delicate spots of colour changed the appearance of the ink. Once I had dried the tag I distressed the edges of the tag using the edge of a pair of scissors and found a tool from a child's silver scratch picture set to scratch into the front of the tag to give it some texture.

Using Rich Cocoa Momento ink I distressed the edges and the front slightly so that the roughened edges picked up the dark brown. Then using a flourish stamp that was one of my first buys (have no idea who made it) and some plumy pink ink to add a couple of bits top and bottom.

I  stamped a small thank you in Momento Ink in Rich Cocoa on the corner of the inked vellum and curled the vellum and stuck it on carefully to the tag at an angle.

Not having purchased any grung board (yet...I am sure the opportunity to purchase some will be upon me soon seeing as I will be visiting the the said LB craft shop on Saturday during a very special crafting workshop that I am going to along with my friends) to make an embellishment I decided to use a metal Friendship emebellishment from my box of bits and a few buttons (my favourite embellishment ever) and finished it of with a small bulldog clip on the side for good measures.

Well there you have it my Thank You tag to a very special person and her family.

5 comments:

  1. The buttons are a great finishing touch! :) The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! This is lush! Wish I was the special friend who was given it! I'm going to that class too - maybe see you there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! Great colors! Very subtle! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back, Sara. What a lovely gift tag for your pet sitters! Love all the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful tag. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. It is really exciting seeing who has visited.