I tried to use lots of bits and pieces I had stashed away so I dug out my Spellbinders - Filing folders die (never been used) and cut a piece of card and used my Tim Holtz Distress Inks shappy shutters and crushed olive to start a base there was a bit of embossing in there somewhere but it didnt do what I had expected (less said the better) ! I stamped on some watch fobs in Walnut Stain using a stamp that I received on the front of my Craft Stamper magazine recently (I do love that magazine). After that I used my Tim Holtz Sprocket and Gears die which were duly distressed and then found my packet of Sprocket Gears from the Tim Holtz Idea-ology range and added a couple of them.
To mount it I used a piece of scrapbook paper with large fobs on that came in a bumper pack from Costco a couple of years ago that Bev and I had split between us and duly used shabby shutters and crushed olive to tone it in, to add a bit of extra I stamped extra fobs on in Gold ink. I found a piece of cream polka dot ribbon which I again inked to tone in and also found a cardboard buckle that I stamped and embossed in gold to thread it through and topped with another sprocket. Well there you go another one in the post hope it is enjoyed as much as I enjoyed making it.
Ah! Get Well Soon best friend's mum! I am sure she will when she sees this!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is gorgeous, I sure she will adore it!
ReplyDeleteGreat card! Love those gears. Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!
ReplyDeleteGreat piece.
ReplyDelete