Saturday, 16 July 2011

Happy 1st Anniversary

This creation is especially for my Goddaughter (and cousin) and her handsome husband Scott who are celebrating their 1st Anniversary this week. It doesnt seem a year since The Wedding of the year where we were all working together to make a wonderful day even more special with us all using our crafty expertise from arranging flowers and tables, making bouquets, creating stationary of all sorts and even making the cake and much more.

The basis of my design  came from the Studio L3 Grungy Monday Challenge 15  which is celebrating Tim Holtz 12 tags of Christmas 2007 / Day 7.


I cut a tag using George and Basic Shapes in my Cricut, and then swiped Tim Holtz Distress ink - tumbled glass all over the tag and liberally sprinkled with holographic embossing powder. I gave it a couple of fiesty taps on the back as prescribed by Tim and then carefully heated it. I then used Distress Ink - faded jeans to swipe over the top and sponged in.

I took a seperate piece of card and using my Hydrangea Ff314 stamp from the Joanne Sheen Favourite flowers collection applied a variety of Tim Holtz distress inks and sprinkled with embossing powder and heated. I then distressed it with tumbled glass and antique linen and watched the colours come through.
To pull it all together I added some metal corners and stamped then embossed "On your Special Day" in Walnut stain and tied on a piece of lace leftover from the said wedding stationary lovingly made last year.

As you can see it has been made into the front of a card where I cut a piece of paper from the fancy free collection - Vintage Summer from fancypantsdesigns.com and once more distressed the edges but with stormy sky and walnut stain. I then ripped from a dictionary which ( I purposly bought for such an occassion) the words around marriage and married and distressed these very lightly and attached with a pearly blue brad.

Well thats about it as all I can do now is wait for the card to arrive in the post before I publish my blog - Happy Anniversary Claire and Scott. - Couldnt wait for Sunday so have posted now (dont tell them).

2 comments:

  1. I don't have Tumbled Glass DI and I NEED it now I've seen this! Am sure C&S will be thrilled when they receive the card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is absolutely gorgeous and I am sure they will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. It is really exciting seeing who has visited.