Saturday, 12 November 2011

Compendium of Games

Quick blog this week been sooooo busy but here is my entry for this weeks Crafty Boots Challenge - Young at Heart. It is a card for my dad whos Birthday is in December but he probably wont read this so its ok :)

I used a multitude of embossing folders and a new checker board mask to create the backgrounds and used a number of Tim Holtz distress inks to wipe over the embossed cards to highlight the raised areas. I wanted to reflect the different games we used to play with him and my grand parents when we were children.
The two bits on the bottom right are supposed to reflect the snakes and ladders (not too sure about the snake), the ladders where made from a film strip punch and the snake from an embossing folder border.

I had fun making this over this busy week adding to it while on conference calls with work (my phone is now covered in ink ooops!).

Enjoy..... and remember to make time to play some games with your childern as they will remember those special times.

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant card Sara, I love this concept, I even got the snakes and ladders reference.

    Thanks for finding the time to play along with us at Crafty Boots Challenge.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful idea and take on the theme! I'm sure your dad will love it! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Boots!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. It is really exciting seeing who has visited.