Friday, 4 November 2011

Tag #6 Houses

Hi for the Simon Says stamp and show Some houses challenge I created the tag below ready for whoever moves house next. Not sure who this will be so we will have to wait and see.

I took one tag and then clear embossed with holographic powder the sun set in the top corner before swishing it through black soot (new purchase from LB crafts in Olney), chipped saphire and dusty concorde Tim Holtz distress ink on my craft mat spritzed with water.  Once the tag was dry I inked around the edges a bit more in dusty concorde and black soot and a smidging of tumbled glass around the moon.

I then cut out a strip of houses using the Tim Holtz Alterations townscape die in black card. To jazz it up a bit I took some pale vellum and created a backing to the houses so I could then colour with scattered straw ink to turn the lights on. Behind the houses on the left I stamped a tree in memento tuxedo black and then a swirl (from my Inkadinkado set) in the sky which again I embossed in holographic powder.

To finish of I stamped a ticket in dusty concorde before stamping the words and then adding extra inks to tone it in a bit more, I then attached it using the mini bulldog clip.  I added black gingham ribbon and tape with "on the move" printed on it. I also used a brad and attached a key and lock to reflect the keys to a new home.

Hope you like it, it has kept me awake while I wait to pick my lovely daughter up from a party at midnight  (the things us mums do :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. It is really exciting seeing who has visited.