Monday, 13 February 2012

18th Birthday Wishes

It was my lovely daughters 18th birthday last week and this was the card / hanging that I made her to celebrate our love for her.

I used a piece of mountboard 10x18cm, it had to be strong as the key on the front is wrought iron and extremely heavy.

I stamped the 18s in white paint, once dry I inked on spun sugar and seedless preserve distress inks ( I couldnt make it too pink as Amy has had an allergy towards pink until the last few years and even now it can only be taken in very small doses.)

The wreath, butterfly and crown are all cut using Tim Holtz dies and inked and stamped in the same two colours, the crown was also covered in glossy accents which made it curl a bit to give it even more depth.

To attach the key I made two holes at each point using my big bite so I could thread the Pandora ribbon through before tying. On the left hand bow I had tied a pandora charm with butterflies on to reflect the sentiment Let your Spirits fly, the charm is now safely on a rapidly filling pandora bracelet that she had when she was 16.

Nothing can express the love I have for my daughter or how proud we are on all her achievements so far and I am sure there are many more to come.

I am entering this in this weeks Simon Says Stamp & Show Anything goes challenge and the Stamp man Challenge textures as the key and the embellishements all have different textures.

5 comments:

  1. a beautiful hanging, i especially like that old fashioned key and the pandora ribbon. Charm bracelets often have lovely memories with each addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Sarah, thank you for joining into the fun with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show, love your colorfull creation, Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this is gorgeous. I bet your daughter loves it, I know I would. Seedless Preserves is my new favourite DI colour..... Love the texture. Thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the 18 banner, the wreath, the key all comes together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. It is really exciting seeing who has visited.