Monday, 29 October 2012

Party Invite

This fortnight at Crafty Boots its my privilege to pick the challenge and it would be great if you lovely crafters could create a tag or an invite to a party or event of some sort.

I decided on a party invite and I know some of my fellow design team have done some great tags and invites to halloween parties.

I cut a tag and small pocket for the front using Kraft paper and stamped swirls in white acrylic paint on both pieces.

Once dry I inked them in mowed lawn, peacock feathers and sqeezed lemonade Distress Inks and then edged them in the white paint.

On the pocket the word party was stamped in the white paint before being attached by silver brads.

The ribbon was inked using cut and dry foam before being tide to the top and to a Tim Holtz ticket with all the party details on.

This was quite quick to make so great for a mini production line.

Hope you have fun this week I am sure there will be lots of ghosts and ghouls around to keep you on your toes.

3 comments:

  1. Love the invitation! I also wanted to commend you on stamping with paint. I am always shying away from this technique as I don't like cleaning the stamps afterwards so I love that you are braver than me! Thank you for setting a great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sara

    Great tag, I love that you have thought about the ease of mass producing your invitation. Very important when making invitations.

    Dionne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag - love the little pocket and mini-tag! Hope I haven't misunderstood your lovely challenge - I've made a tag, but it's not an invitation!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. It is really exciting seeing who has visited.