Saturday, 19 January 2013

Alpha Challenge - Letter V

At the Craft Barn this year they are setting a challenge that will run throughout the year based on using a Dictionary and will cover all the letters of the alphabet.

As I have a pile of books ready to alter curtesy of Bev my lovely cousin I thought it was an ideal opportunity to put my crafty fingers to work today and through out the year. It will be interesting to see if my style changes as we go through.

This fortnight the challenge is the letter V and the word I have chosen is Venture - to have courage to do or undertake; run a risk; hazard; risk.
The challenge ends to day so I have squeezed in by the skin of my teeth and you will see the Glossy accents highlighting the word is still wet.

Its always a risk altering a book (as they are so precious especially old ones like this) so I thought it was quite apt for the first one of the year.

But I have also focused on the fact we should Venture out into the world to discover and explore new things.

I used the following to alter the pages :-
Distress Inks - Gathered twigs, Shabby Shutters, frayed burlap, tumpled glass and faded jeans.
Distress Stains  - Bundled sage
Stamps - Dark Room Door - Discover,
Indigo Blu - Grand Tour III.

I look forward to seeing what the next challenge is over the next couple of days hopefully I wont leave it until the last moment :0)


4 comments:

  1. Wow, you may have left V to the last minute, but what a great page! Such a lovely old book you're altering, too. Wonder what letter will come next...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pages Sara, loads of subtle details. What a wonderful book to alter too, you have done it proud sweetie.
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooohhh , goooorgeous!
    Looking forward to seeing the next pages.
    Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn.
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. It is really exciting seeing who has visited.