Wednesday, 20 February 2013

Metal-ology

Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge this week is metal-ology I've not entered this challenge for a while but I saw it and decided it was time to pinch some of my daughters metal sheets to create a tag.

After duly getting permission I dug into her stash to see what I could find.

I cut out a tag from a sheet of Tenseconds Studio Golden nugget metal which I then dry embossed using a Tim Holtz texture Fades Bricked folder.

I then carefully used alcohol inks to dab around the edges and a bit in the middle  - pitch black, butterscotch and rust trying not to flatten the embossing in the process.

The Cogs were die cut from Kraft paper and the edges roughed up before lightly inking with black soot and vintage photo, as was the stamped hand, birthday banner and the backing to the dictionary words (if you look carefully you will see who this is for please don't tell him as its not for another week).

I also used alcohol inks on some nuts and washers from that well known DIY store you know the one where "You Can Do It" and tied some inked string through the top with a couple of idea-ology wire pins hanging from it.

Oh forgot to say I stuck the metal tag to a Kraft paper one before I started adding the embellishments.

Thanks for the inspiration Simon Says.








2 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic Tag and the metallic background fits great with the gears!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing tag! Love the gears! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. It is really exciting seeing who has visited.