This fortnights challenge at Crafty Boots has been set by the lovely Gabrielle aka Crafty_Thoughts and she has challenged us to recycle something be it a previous project / tag / card or anything else that can be reused. I have tried to do a bit of everything and came up with this creation.
I have used a large tag and covered it with words and descriptions from the letter r pages of a dictionary that is no longer used but I kept back the first letter and also the word recycle.
Once the background was dry I roughly stained it with picket fence and bundled sage and then added some forest moss DI.
Around the edge I glued some garden string that I found lying in the greenhouse on my currently rare trips out in the cold which I then also inked up.
The corrugated backing behind the letter and description was part of some packaging which I cut and inked.
The metal lid background to the heart and leaves(which were taking of an old tag that was lying around) was from a spam tin which I painted in distress paint.
And to finish it all of I attached an old piece of chain from a broken necklace with more string through the hole in the top.
I hope this will give you some ideas and inspiration to try and redo an old project or create a new one from bits lying around that would normally just get thrown away.
Thanks for stopping by xxxxx.


That's fabulous, Sara!! Great to see you on Saturday.
ReplyDeleteLove the whole womble use of all these recycled things! Absolutely brilliant!
ReplyDeleteA truly recycled project, I love your take on this challenge, it is inspiring.
ReplyDeleteDionne xx