Monday, 5 August 2013

Die Cuts for Craft Boots

Helens challenge at Crafty Boots this fortnight to us was to use die cuts in some form so as I was needing to do an 18th birthday card I thought it was an ideal time to get my entry done ready for the challenge.

I also thought that as it was Helens challenge and she loves using Paper Artsy fresco paints I should also try and use these so here we go.


The Die cuts used were the Tim Holtz Tag and his Gadget and Gears.

I swiped the tag using a baby wipe with the colours London bus, cheesecake and squid Ink ! Once it was dry I roughly stamped cheesecake and London bus grids. The frame was a pre cut cardboard one which I painted with the same colours. The 18 was stamped onto Kraft paper trimmed and then coated in crackle paint.

The gears were also cut from Kraft paper and I used the edge of a credit card swiped through the paint to apply the criss cross affect.

The stamped words were from the IndigoBlu stamp set Grand Tour III just right for someone stepping out on the next adventure into life.

To finish the tag I inked some string and tied the chain on using this before mounting it all onto a card to give it a finish.

Hope you can join us in our challenge this week. x

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sara

    What a pretty coloured tag, the design is fab and I love the sentiment.

    Dionne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful tag and I just love the background you have created - fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super tag and always great to make something that you need too. Love your gears and background. Take care Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had loads of fun with the Fresco paints too!! Gorgeous card, Sara.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours on your fabulous tag Sara! It's really fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. It is really exciting seeing who has visited.