Monday, 17 February 2014

Our New Princess

In November we celebrated the arrival of a new Princess into the family, instead of a card I made a wall hanging and mounted it in a 3D frame to ensure it could be kept as a keepsake.

I used multiple stamps Roses and Ivy on the background and then stamped Ivy leaves in a variety of greens on grunge paper before cutting them out. to create the layers. I die cut some swirls before arranging the leaves around the Art Part circle which had been stained using aged mahogany and barn door Distress stains. The words from Dylusions (very apt for a little Essex princess !)- "I'm pretty sure that with sparkly shoes and a new tiara she could conquer the world" were stamped on Kraft paper and cut out before being attached. I used a Tim Holtz crown charm which I added some extra sparkles to and the bird to add even more depth.

To make it that extra bit personal I used my dymo gun to print out the important points about our little princesses arrival.

At Crafty Boots this fortnight Gabrielle has challenged the design team to use crowns so here is my tiara instead. Hope some of you can join our challenge.

I am also entering this into the  Fashionable Stamping Challenge - Build It Up

5 comments:

  1. Love it Sara, and just perfect for Ivy Rose! What a lucky girl she is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful keepsake and I love the words you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous keepsake and so clever. I love the little embellishments.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sara, such a lovely keepsake, love the quote with those gorgeous
    embellishments
    Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sara. Wow, what a wonderful idea! I love the sentiment and all the detail of the birth added around it. A gorgeous keepsake.
    Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this fortnight.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. It is really exciting seeing who has visited.