Hi, this time at Crafty Boots its my turn to choose the challenge and I challenge you all to use feathers in some form or another in your piece of art for us this fortnight. So get your thinking caps on and try and show us some feathers and create something especially for this challenge.
As you can see I have created 2 tags in the same theme one for a boy and one for a girl. There is a glut of Birthdays and Anniversaries in February and March in our family so I was trying to cheat a little and use the same design and techniques.
The technique is a Tim Holtz one using 2 different coloured distress stain along with picket fence dabbed onto your craft sheet before laying the tag on top and moving it around slightly.
Once dry I inked a large script stamp roughly missing bits before stamping it lightly onto the tag to give a slightly faded effect.
The feathers, ink well and nibs are cut from Kraft paper using my new Sizzix Tm Holtz Big die writing desk.
I inked the feathers in one of the distress stains used on the tag before highlight with white paint using the edge of my credit card. The ink nibs have been gold embossed and the words embossed in black.
As well as inking the tag I coloured my ribbon using a variety of the distress stains which works really well.
Hope you have fun.

Fabulous tags. Love the colours and the backgrounds.
ReplyDeleteHi Sara, these tags are fabulous. I love the gorgeous colours and that lovely feather.
ReplyDeleteDionne x