Thursday, 27 October 2011

Tag # 3 Pinks

For the Simon Says Stamp and Show - One Colour challenge this week I decided to go for Pink. Not my normal colour but I thought I would try it and see how it went.

I used a plain white tag but swooshed it through Tim Holtz Distress Inks  - fired brick, worn lipstick and victorian velvet spritzed with water on my craft mat (Which I have just realised I have left at Cousin Bs house !) While the mat was still wet I also wiped through the four layers of flowers from the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die.

Once the tag was dry I stamped a map background from my Glitz set of clear stamps in aged mahogany DI  and some airoplanes in worn lipstick. In the top left I stamped the words in the aged mahogany and sprinkled with clear embossing powder before heating it. The stamping of the words was not very good so I added 3 buttons down the side to cover up the mess. To balance the buttons out I put a bigger one in the top left hand corner.

On the tattered florals cut outs I stamped the map using worn lipstick to give a subtle affect before using aged mahogany around the edges of the flowers and the tag.

The flower was attached using a pink triangle brad and a piece of pink silk was threaded through the top to finish it off.
This one didnt take too long to do today as I was very relaxed sitting with my cousin in her craft room enjoying her company and that of her family, thanks Bev xx

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I love your Tim tag all done in the pink tones. It's really lovely! Love the shading you did on the tag itself. All of the embellishments really work well together to create a wonderful design! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! V lovely! Pink suits you! Love the use of buttons - you're too honest lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bev.....kudos to you......great Tag and FABBBY flower!! Way to go with your "cover up"...awesome accent!

    THANKS BUNCHES for playin’ along with this weeks One Color….Any Color challenge, the teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. It is really exciting seeing who has visited.