Thursday, 27 October 2011

Tag # 4 - Autumn Colours

This is my entry for The Sunday Stamper Challenge  -  Forever Autumn and the Grungy Monday challenge 24 -  Perfect Distress (another Time Holtz technique).

On my craft mat I swiped Tim Holtz Distress Inks pine needles, rusty hinge and spiced marmalade and then dried the tag with my heat gun. Once it was dry I used a back ground stamp of leaves in spiced marmalade to give a subtle background.

In the bottom left corner I stamped a flourish of leaves from my Inkadinkado Fall Season set of stamps in rusty hinge before using gold perfect pearls powder to dust them with. I stamped the swirly tree and words in gathered twigs and dusted them in bronze perfect pearls.

To create the embellishments I stamped 5 leaves again from the inkadinakdo set onto Tim Holtz Craft resist paper using rusty hinge and then cut them out by hand, I used the inks a bit more to grungy them up before dipping them in VersaMark before dipping them in clear and bronze UTEE and heating to get the glossy texture round the edge.

I repeated this with my leaf shaped brads that were originally a rather gaudy green, yellow and orange to give a more autumn feel. It was all finished of a tattered piece of browny coloured piece of silk from Cousin Bevs scrap box.  Hope you all like it :0)

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeousness and lushness on this tag! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday sTamper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Great tag - love it lots. Wonderful Autumnal theme x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, Sara! You did an awesome job on the GM24 technique and used such beautiful fall colors. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. It is really exciting seeing who has visited.