For Mr Ws Birthday I decided to make something he can hang in his computer space all year round rather than it going in the bin or hiding in a cupboard. So I created this hanging using some mountboard.
I used a combination of stamp sets but started by stamping the scientific symbols from the Tim Holtz Steampunk set in white acrylic paint before using a number of distress inks including mustard seed, tumbled glass, shabby shutters and gathered twigs. I used the a Paper Artsy hot picks set 1007 as well in each corner.
The cogs were cut using the Tim Holtz die gadget Gears before painting in crackled paint, weather wood and dusty concorde, once dry they were inked withe gather twigs and walnut stain.
The cogs were glued on and then large brads were inserted in the middle of each.
The words were from the Paper Artsy Hot picks Xtra 04 set . Using my electronic dymo I printed the words Time to dream, love you and happy birthday on white tape which I then inked.
The clock stamps were from my Stamping crafter magazine sometime last year and the chain to hang it with was from a bag of broken necklaces that I have a bag of but are just right to give that steampunk affect..

Fabulous background - really wonderful embellishments and Steampunk elements. Happy, happy birthday Mr W! I'm sure he'll be proud the see this all year round x
ReplyDeleteI really like this and the subtulty of adding it to his computer space. Beautiful and boyee
ReplyDelete