Friday, 16 March 2012

Mothers Day Tea Pot

The Crafty Boots challenge this fortnight has been Glitter and I have been trying to work out how I could incorporate it into one of the 2 Mothers day cards I have to make, and this is what I came up with especially for my mother in law who is in a home and needs bright things to cheer up her room as she is bed bound but likes to look at lots of things and always likes a good cup of tea.


Well as you can see I have failed miserably to get a landscape picture to fit correctly into blogger (it keeps switching round so you will need to crick your neck a little)

To make the card I used a teapot template and cut it out in white card before embossing it with my new papermania union Jack folder, I inked as in my previous vintage 1953 tag blog.

I stamped Happy Mothers Day on a plain piece of card in fired brick before inking with faded jeans and walnut stain distress ink.

I used 2 layers of the hearts with wings die the main one was covered in PVA glue before being liberally covered in large flaked red glitter, the foreground heart was covered in silver as was the edge of teapot lid once I had made a line of glossy accents round the edge.

On the handle I tied some cream lace slightly inked with the fired brick and attached a brass kettle . The background navy blue card was stamped with flourished from my paperartsy hot Picks stamps in white paint and the edges of the card were also edged in the paint.

Happy Mothers day to all mums ,Aunts and god mothers out there enjoy your special day.xxx

2 comments:

  1. I am sure this card is going to cheer your mother-in-law, how could it fail? So glitter and glitz combined with the promise of a nice cup of Rosie, perfect!

    Thanks for sharing your creation with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That IS a glittery heart! I love the Union Jack on the Teapot - it looks fabulous! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Boots x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. It is really exciting seeing who has visited.