This weeks Grungy Monday challenge was to use one of Tims 12 Tags of Christmas from 2009 day 3 see the details here. Which involves using alcohol inks and to me this means lots of inky fingers!
To make my background I used the following alcohol inks Butterscotch, Red pepper,Cranberry and Wild Plum. In theory it should look more of a plaid affect but hey I like it.
I then decided that due to the lovely splash of the butterscotch it needed to be turned into a sunset scene some how.
The flowers along the bottom come from the lovely Indigo blue set Poppy Meadow and then I added some extra butterflies and also stamped the sunset in the left hand corner all in archival ink.
The tag its self was cut from black colour core card and embossed using the Tim Holtz alteration Texture Fades - Rays. I sanded the edge of the card and the raised section, they were then inked in spiced marmaalde as I decided it need a splash of orange.
The plaque was inked and then covered in glossy accents, the words were pre printed on vellum and blended in just right with an extra splash introduced by using coloured brads.
Some fibres were wrapped around the bottom and coordinating ones tied through the top.

What a lovely take on the challenge technique you've made a beautiful sunset x
ReplyDelete