For a trilogy of challenges I created a Love Music tag.
The Challenges this is for are:-
Stamp Man - Vellum
The Craft Room - Music
Simon Says Stamp And Show - A Tim Technique
I used a manilla tag cut using Tim Holtz Big Tag Die, I used a tim technique by swiping - scattered straw, frayed burlap and walnut stain on my craft mat before spritzing with water and then passing the tag through it a number of times (drying between each swipe).
I roughed up the edges of the tag and inked it with walnut stain and and the straw distress ink. The grid was roughly stamped with frayed burlap before stamping the guitar before painting it with the inks to bring out the colours.
I stamped vellum with music notes and heated it to set the ink before tearing and inking it again (this was also a Tim technique :0). The vellum was mounted behind an inked frame before attaching with brads roughly bashed and some was fixed into a memo pin.
The wings were cut from craft resist paper and inked with the scattered straw and walnut stain. Enjoy and hope youve all had a good Easter.

Very cool!! I love the pieces of grid on this and the stones at the bottom are a nice touch. Just the perfect amount of rocker! : )
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your creativity in the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!
-Sarah
For More Opportunities:
*Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter
*Like Simon Says Stamp on Facebook
*Subscribe to Simon Says Stamp on YouTube
*Follow Simon Says Stamp on Pinterest
*Sign up for our Newsletter
Such a fab tag! Love it. Take care Zo xx
ReplyDeleteI love this Sara, all the elements you've added look fabulous together, and the guitar looks really cool with wings! Thanks for joining in with our Music challenge over at the Craft-Room and good luck in the draw.
ReplyDeleteMaria x
You have put all the elements so nicely together. The wings on the guitar are make a great detail.
ReplyDeleteFabulous tag Love the wings on the guitar as well as all the great distressing. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge good luck XOXO Zoe
ReplyDeleteGreat tag Sara, love the colours, the stamping on the vellum, and of course the winged guitar, thanks for joining us at craft room challenge, debi x
ReplyDeleteI love your tag a lot Sara - it's fabulous. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
ReplyDeletexxx Hazel.
Amazing work Sara! I love everything about it...from the inked background to the right amount of embellishments. Thank you for sharing with us at the Craft Room this fortnight! Suzanne :)
ReplyDeleteWOW, This is really great! Love the background too!
ReplyDeleteThis is fab, I love the bits of vellum that you have added.
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining in with my challenge over at The Stamp Man.
hugs Kimx
Beautiful work Sara ... I am loving the wings on the guitar ... really cool! Thank you for joining the team at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week ... we hope to see you again soon!
ReplyDelete