Monday, 7 May 2012

Tag #43 4 in 1

I have tried to combine a number of challenges all in one this time to see what I could fit in.
So we have:-
1. Blue and Brown for Hels Sunday Stamper challange 204
2. My favourite stamp (the scientific symbols from Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Steam Punk set) for Simon Says stamp and Show
3.Heat embossing for the Craft Room challenge - Emboss It.
4. A birthday tag for my very chatty but gorgeous nephews 16th birthday next week

Lots of my crafty friends have been using a marbling technique from Mr Tim Holtz new compendium of curiosity book however I dont have the book (its on my birthday list) so have tried to guess at the technique - I dabbed a combination of different distress stains onto my craft mat broken china, weathered wood, faded jeans and brushed corduroy instead of swiping my tag through it i just placed it on top and seemed to get the effect I was after. To fill in a few gaps I inked in using tumbled glass and walnut stain distress ink.

I used the same technique on umbrella man but only used faded jeans and broken china before heat embossing distress powder walnut stain down one side.

The scientific symbols were stamped in walnut stain (I use this stamp lots and lots) The words from paperartsy hotpicks HPXT04 were stamped on kraft paper stained with broken china and the corduroy stains.

All the pieces were edged in white paint to make them pop out a bit.  Happy Birthday to my growing nephew and have a great week to all (its only a 4 day week hurray).

14 comments:

  1. Hi Sara, you have done a brilliant job with that background and the sentiment is so right for a 16 year old boy too. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab tag Sara, love Brolly man :) Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it and I know your gorgeous nephew will appreciate all the love and care you have lavished on it! Wonderful again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tag and I love the effect you've got on the brolly man! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tag is beautiful! I love your steampunk background! I love the blue and brown tones. Love the umbrella man! Love your metal accents. Love the sentiment! I love it all! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab tag, love the idea of edging with white too. Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just amazing...great effect achieved. Thank you for playing along with us at the Craft Room "emboss it" challenge this fortnight! Suzanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh! I love this one! Particularly the Brolly Man- he looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great tag, love the colours- great effect, and all the details, thanks for joining us at craft room challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous tag love the effects you got with the inks of course all the little touches and embellishments. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love this! The ink effects you've achieved look really fabulous. Thanks for sharing your tag with us over at the Craft-Room Challenge, and good luck.

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colourful tag, stunning creation.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  13. fabulous tag..love the colours and distress embossing...Thanks so much for joining our Craft-Room Challenge..Esther xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. It is really exciting seeing who has visited.