Tuesday, 19 June 2012

70th Birthday

Something a little different this time. My friend at work asked me to create a card for her mother in law / childrens nana (isnt it lovely being asked to make something special for somebody else but also a little duanting at the same time). We had a look through my piccies to see what sort of colours to use and came up with this.

The background is shabby shutters, bundled sage and broken china distress stain dabbed on to my craft mat and before lowering the card into the splodges I spritzed it with water to give it a bit more traction. I then used shabby shutters and tumbled glass distress ink to blend in the edges and any gaps.

The weathered clock from Tim Holtz was inked using the broken china stain and the shabby shutters.

The butterfly is from Indigo blu grand tour 2 and the words from Dark Room Door Prague Vol 2. The chipboard numbers were embossed in silver and holographic powder to give it a bit of sparkle.

I just hope Nana liked it :0) 

I have entered this in the Stamp man challenge  - Time

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the bold colour & all the collaged elements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours and stunning design. Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SURE Nana loved it! This is just fabulous and the colours are terrific! What a compliment to have been asked... Hope more follow x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to say that I'm sure Nana loved it, but it looks like I'm copying Gabrielle. But I'm sure anyway.
    I've just bought that diecut, so you've given me some ideas, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great card, love this die cut and the butterfly and colours are beautiful!trace x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. It is really exciting seeing who has visited.