Monday, 11 June 2012

Fabric Flowers

This fortnights challenge at Crafty Boots was to Use Some Fabric, so heres my tag with some home made fabric flowers for you to see. Hope you can join in with the challenge this week as we have lots of new design team memebers and its really exciting to see all the different techniques and styles we all use.

The tag background was made using shabby shutters, bundled sage and broken china distress stain dabbed onto my craft mat with the tag then dipped in it to get a mottled affect. Once dry the tag was inked with more broken china and stamped with paisley swirls from one of my first ever stamp sets that I got from banana frog about 5 years ago.

I cut two strips of different widths of lining material using pinking sheers before stamping them with the paisley design using walnut stain. Once dry I quickly hand sewed a small running stitch down one side before drawing it up into the circle and tieing of the ends. Hey presto 2 hand made flowers.

The words from paperartsy Hot picks HPXT04 were stamped onto cream card in walnut stain before being inked with broken china and walnut stain to blend it all in and then attached with small gold brads.

Hope you enjoy the challenge  we look forward to seeing all of your designs.

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag, love your flowers. Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Sara, I really love the colours you have used.

    Dionne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning work and your flowers are fabulous. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, lovely, lovely! The tag is fab but I love the use of material... wishing I'd thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is pretty, love your paisley stamping and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely sentiment and the fabric flowers are just super.. must have a go! thanks for the inspiration..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sara your creations are always so so pretty! Whenever I try and use the same colours you do it never turns out so vibrant and gorgeous as your work!! LOVE this! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. It is really exciting seeing who has visited.