Monday, 17 September 2012

Hickory Dickory Dock

This fortnight At Crafty Boots we are celebrating Children stories and Nursery Rhymes so heres my take on it. Hickory Dickory Dock.

I took a white tag and stamped a background in walnut stain from the Paper Artsy Hot Picks HP1007, the tag was then inked using squeezed lemonade and vintage photo.

The clock face is the Tim Holtz weathered clock cut from Kraft paper and inked with vintage photo.

The words and mice were printed onto photo paper before being inked in the lemon and vintage photo. The silver clock charm tied with string was dabbed with rust alcohol ink to blend it in and to finish I used a scrap of satin yellow ribbon which I lightly stained with brushed corduroy.

I hope you can come up with some great fairy tale or nursery rhyme creations for crafty boots this week.

I am also going to put this as my entry to Hels Sunday Stamper challenge 220 Tie a Yellow Ribbon this week as I like to try and enter her challenge whenever I can and this tag ticks the relevatn boxes.  

11 comments:

  1. Fab tag and I adore those cute little mice!

    Dionne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb! Brilliant use of the clock die, didn't think of that! Ha ha. Fab. Take care Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tag and the idea of using a nursery rhyme! Glad you got your spelling right :) !!! Fabulous - and Dionne's right, those mice are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great way to do Hickory Dickory Dock! They are sweet mice, tis true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the mice are so cute.. and how you love them! I love the weathered feel of this tag.. just super as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous - very creative interpretation of the rhyme. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tag is just so cute with those gorgeous little mice going around the clock. Great background on the tag too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab tag Sara - AlfieCat is salivating at those ickle meeces lol Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific Tag, I love the colours. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning tag Sara...great background and little mice are just perfect!
    Hugs from Slovenia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely background, great colours & those mice are sooo cute. Sx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. It is really exciting seeing who has visited.