Sunday, 10 February 2013

Alpha Challenge - Letter E

This fortnight at the Craft Barn the Letter we are to use is E. I had a good look through my dictionary and decided on Elegance - State or quality of being as it gave me an ideal opportunity to use my Dark Room Door 1920's Chic Stamps.


I used victorian velvet Distress Stain as the background and stamped the elegant ladies and adverts (on Kraft paper)  in seedless preserve. I also painted the ladies using spun sugar and the seedless preserve mixed with a little water. The words and adverts were stamped directly on to the page using seedless preserve and aged mahogany.The word elegance was highlighted in glossy accents and the page edges were roughly edged with white paint to give a form of border.

Thanks again Craft Barn for keeping us on our toes.


9 comments:

  1. Pure elegance indeed!! Those ladies have style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very *E*legant page.
    Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the addition of those adverts Sara! Lovely page! Thank you for joining us over at The |Craft Barn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pages and such elegant ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very stylish and elegant page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elegant ladies great pages!

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colours and very elegant ladies, great pages.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. It is really exciting seeing who has visited.