Some of you know that Mr W reached the good old age of 50 a couple of weeks ago and he was treated to a surprise few days away. The grand birthday couldn't pass without creating some piece of art or card especially for him.
I decided to make a hardboard book / card with several pages into which I could insert a tag for each day we were away so that on the back of each I could put special instructions on the plans for that day.
I cut out 3 tags of hard board slightly larger than normal ones and painted them all in acrylic white paint. Once dry I used Distress stains in 3 different shades of blue to colour each one.
The door findings on the front and back were cut from textured grunge board before being inked and dusted with blue perfect pearls for a bit of a shine.
The tags through the book were cut from Kraft paper and again inked in the 3 different blues before being over stamped with brushed pewter grids and stamps in the varying blue colours and some black.
Behind each of the tags I stamped various verses from a variety of sets including IndigoBlu ones and Tim Holtz ones.
The tags were slotted in place in to corners of Kraft paper which were embossed using the Bingo embossing folder and I even found the number 50 on some of them so I highlighted them,
I loved making this and it was really exciting as I had to keep hiding the pieces when said birthday boy was on the prowl.
I am entering this into 2 challenges :-
1. Hels Sheridans Sunday Stamper challenge 245 - man of the World
and
2. The Craft Room - Something For A Man



Sara this is just lovely - I really like the sentiment on the top picture. Hope Mr W enjoyed his birthday and the trip.
ReplyDeletewow, Mr W - happy birthday and... what a treasure to receive... loving all those special details... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x
ReplyDeleteHi Sara, fabulous creation for him. Beautiful manly details!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge, good luck;-))m
Hi Sara, wow, I'm sure Mr W must have been thrilled to receive this beautiful creation, which is just perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Craft Room Challenge and good luck with the draw. Julia xxx
ReplyDelete