Thursday, 4 April 2013

Alpha challenge - Letter R

R is the Craft Barn Alpha Challenge letter this week and as you can see from my page I chose the word Rotate :- wheel shaped, to cause to turn , revolve around an axis.

The background was inked in dried marigold stain before using a Special touch cogs mask and spiced marmalade distress ink and a touch of rusty hinge.The cogs were cut from Kraft Resist paper using the Tim Holtz gadget gear die. The gears were inked using rusty hinge, spiced marmalade, ripe persimmon and walnut stain before they were rough embossed with walnut stain distress embossing powder.

The words that go just right come from the dylusions stamp set -  the right words. - Every now and then life needs to be turned upside down to get back to the right way up.

13 comments:

  1. I like you quote, good word choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great choice of word, and how clever you are to illustrate it like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great page! How cool you have stuff beyond the edges...I like that idea. Awesome sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely page and word choice your background is fabulous

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  5. These autumn colours are my favourites so I was instantly drawn to the thumbnail of the page. What a clever word to choose - I like how you've incorporated the cogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo lots of cogs! Thia ia fabulous work!

    Karen from The Craft Barn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous, loving your work on your page, the cogs are terrific. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific colours and images and a marvellous quote to use

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great word to choose and I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great colours and rotating cogs, fabulous page.

    Syl xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those hot colours! Great page. MMx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a clever page, love all the cogs.
    Hug x

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is really good!! well done
    Thanks for playing with us.
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. It is really exciting seeing who has visited.