Tuesday, 13 September 2011

Blue lamp Post

Time for a quick blog.  I have just made a card that I am entering into the new Crafty Boots - Anything goes challenge and The Simon Says Stamp Blog - Multifold cards/creations

I took an A4 navy blue piece of card and scored it at 6cms, 12cms and then at 21cms. Initially I wasnt sure which way it was going to end up but as you can see it ended standing up on its end.

I had some strips of white card left over from last years christmas cards which I decided to use. To colour these I used a Tim Holtz technique, I swiped tumbled glass, faded jeans and stormy sky distress ink onto my craft mat and spritzed with water then swiped the card through to get the faded effect, I repeated this several times with different strips of card so I had a number to choose from.

Once the card was dry it was time to stamp. On the front piece I used my new lantern stamp from Inkadinkado - lanterns which I found in a lovely craft shop in Madrid last week when looking for a little place for a night cap before bed ( I was so excited that I could mix a business trip with pleasure my colleague thought I was going to faint with excitement). The lantern and the swirls above where stamped in Navy blue and then clear embossed. I also did the same with a sunset stamp in the top left hand corner hoping it would look like the moon.

I inked the bottle top with Airondak stonewash alcohol ink and cut out a photocopied Tim Holtz circle of a clock which I swiped across the faded jeans ink pad, after sticking this in the centre of the bottle cap I covered it in crackle glaze.

On the second piece of coloured card I stamped in navy blue the Calendar stamp from Glitz clearstamps - distressing set 3 bought from LB Crafts and then put crackle glaze on the month and date of a particular anniversary, for the words I used one of my Hot Picks stamps HPXT03 from Paper Artsy.

I loved doing this but I did get a bit inky but hopefully by the time I go to work my fingers wont be so blue!

3 comments:

  1. I love this multifold card! Thanks for taking part in the 1st Crafty Boots Challenge!! Amyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!!! The colours are wonderful - you do blues so well! I hope the recipients love it as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card.

    Thank you for entering the first Crafty Boots challenge.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. It is really exciting seeing who has visited.