Sunday, 18 September 2011

Quick Tag # 1 -Someone Special

Quick tag number 1 - For Someone Special, I have just found a new challenge team that I thought Iwould enter this one into - Fashionable Stamping Challenges - Challenge #4 - Tags.

Using the Holtz technique of swiping a strip of scattered straw, mustard seed, and spiced marmalade distress ink across my craft mat and spritzing with water before swiping a blank tag across it to get a toned affect.
After impatiently waiting for it to dry I added a bit more spiced marmalade and walnut stain around the edge and stamped my new Lamp post stamp (see my blue lamp post blog for details) in Memento Rich Cocoa on the left hand side and the words from one of my Paper Artsy Hot picks sets.

To finish off I over stamped the whole tag with a daisy stamp from a sale bargain from Hobby craft in spiced marmalade and scattered straw and found an exciting rectangular button which I threaded with gingham ribbon and stuck a small metal flower on top to tie in with the daisies.

Hope you like it Aunty M.xxxx

5 comments:

  1. Such wonderful colours - really feel like that yellow is bursting out of the tag illuminating the tag - very nice indeed! Lucky M!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fabulous, love the colors. Thanks for joining the Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! These are such feel-good colors. I just made one using similar colors and spied yours when I posted mine to the FS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased you entered your tag into our challenge at Fashionable Stamping. I too love the technique, I call it 'Splodging'. your sentiment completes the wonderful tag. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous idea with the inks and I love that lamp post stamp ... my wanted list has just grown. The daisies just add the finishing touch.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. It is really exciting seeing who has visited.