I took a tag and coloured the background by swiping Tim Holtz Distress Inks -weathered wood, victorian velvet and antique linen on top of my craft mat followed by a spritz or two of water on top before swishing the tag through it.
Once dry I took the stencil and coloured one flamingo in tumbled glass and then turned it over and did a second in worn lipstick so they were beak to beak to produce the shape of a heart. I repeated this down the bottom of the tag.

I also used the inks around the edge of the tag to blend the edges.
To add some texture to the background (as I wasnt that happy with it at this stage it almost went in the bin) I stamped stars in white acrylic paint.
I created a second layer by cutting out a second tag in acetate (thank you Gabrielle for the inspiration) which I stamped on the reverse using my new Inkadinkado swirly stamps in Stazon. I tied it togther using the ribbon at the top.
It still didnt seem quite finished as I wanted to use it as anniversary card / tag so I had another dig around and found a new set of PaperArtsy Hot Picks words that I bought last week from LB crafts in black onto the main tag.
Well there you are a few special words of love for two special people in my life Happy Anniversary Bev and Marcus and may there be many more to come xxx


So pleased you kept at it Sara, the results are inspiring.
ReplyDeleteThanks for playing along with Crafty Boots Challenge.
Dionne
Such a lovely idea! Those flamingo are so beautiful! The acetate works brilliantly! You rocked that! Really love this tag!
ReplyDeleteLove the heart the flamingos make. (You could have coloured one golden - sorry, couldn't resist the association)
ReplyDeleteI love this.. I should do it was for me and my man but it has all the glamour of Fantastia and is just so beautiful! Thank you
ReplyDelete