Monday, 6 February 2012

Tag # 22 - A Guy Thing

The Fashionable stamping Challenge this fortnight is  Make it a Guy Thing so here is my tag especially for that. I am also going to enter it for the Stamp Man challenge embellish it as there are quite a few different elements included so just right right for that challenge too.

I took a plain white tag and used 2 different sized lids and stamped a number of circles in white acrylic paint. Once dry the tag was inked using tumbled glass and weathered wood distress ink.

I then stamped in the background the scientifc drawings from my Tim Holtz Steam Punk set in weathered wood and 2 of the 3 men from the same set.

The coloured cogs were cut from acetate using the Tim Holtz die Gadget gears before using alcohol inks to give them a mottled colour  before mounting on the tag.

The tag was finished by adding some smaller sprocket gears from the Tim Holtz ideaology range a chain and  some inked twine were tied through the top to finish off the effect before stamping congrastulations down the left hande side.

Hope you like it.

8 comments:

  1. I don't like it, I love it! Very nice Steampunk feel - love the layers you've built up - really fabulous tag x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great background and layers I especially like the acetate cog wheels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool tag! Love all the gears and chains, so manly! Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the wheels! Great manly man tag! Fabulous job!
    Debbie
    ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tag, love the acetate cogs and chains with those images.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
    Avril

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a cool tag with great details. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab tag, love the cogs and the stamping. Thanks for joining us at FSC and The Stamp Man. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab tag. Love the colours and your alcohol inked gadget gears.
    Thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man.
    Siobhan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. It is really exciting seeing who has visited.