Monday, 2 April 2012

Ship Ahoy

Hi all this is my first ever design team entry for the Crafty Boots Challenge which this time is Nautical so I hope you enjoy it and get some inspiration for our challenge this fortnight.

I used Ice blue, Nougat and Mermaid PaperArtsy fresco paints and and a piece of cut n dry foam to dab multiple layers of the 3 colours on a tag.once dry I used the same colours and roughly stamped the background in a grid stamp at all sorts of angels.

Once dry I stamped the tag using gathered twig distress ink in compasses and mini worlds. I then swiped clear embossing ink over the whole tag and covered in clear embossing powder which was then roughly bashed off before heating.

I didnt have any specific nautical stamps so I decided to search the net and found a picture of ship and an anchor which were printed on photo paper.

I inked the ship in gathered twig and tumbled glass distress ink. I cut out the anchor and then used it as a stencil to cut out a grunge paper anchor. I inked the anchor in the gathered twigs and then stamped some swirls on it before covering in embossing ink and UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Powder) When the clear UTEE was still hot I sprinkled on some bronze as well to give that rusty look.
The leaves and banner were from the Tim Holtz Regal Crest die. The leaves were inked in crushed olive and the banner in the good old gathered twigs before being covered in the clear and bronze UTEE.

Once all stuck down the tag was finished with a couple of metal embellishements and a chunky piece of soft rope that I found in one of my boxes of stash which I roughly inked with the yes youve guessed it the gathered twigs.

Enjoy making your cards and creations.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sara

    Welcome to the Crafty Boots Challenges family. Great first design, you have really come up with a wonderful tag, I love your picture of a galleon.

    I am looking forward to seeing more of your work.

    Dionne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo your first of many DT projects with us, welcome abroad! This is fantastic! Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats (again!) on being part of the DT and I think you have started with a bang! I love your ship and rope and just everything you've put on this! Fab-u-lous, just like you! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great effect with the distressing! Really fab tag. I love the twine especially. Welcome to the DT btw, and well done on your first DT project. I can't wait to see more from you. xx Denise

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. It is really exciting seeing who has visited.