Sunday, 11 March 2012

Tag #30 - Vintage 1953

Well it is jubilee year so I thought I should try getting into the spirit of things, so after a trip out with my mum a die hard royalist it was time to put my newly purchased Union Jack embossing folder from Papermania to the test.

The embossing folder has three layers so start with I inked the main cross directly into the folder with Fired brick distress stain.

Once embossed I then roughly inked the union Jack using cut n dry foam in faded jeans, fired brick and antique linen inks before edging with walnut stain and some gold paint.

The buntin was cut from spare card and inked in the same colours before being glued to some inked died string.

The wreath and crowns were cut using the Tim Holtz Regal Crest die before being painted in gold and inked slightly with some gems being stuck on.

The antique lady (she was 1 of a row of three thanks Bev) was stamped onto white card in walnut stain before being put into a metal tag frame that I coloured in alcohol inks - rust and pitch black. Once the lady was mounted I covered her in a layer of crackle glaze (I hate leaving these sort of things to dry no matter where I put it always gets knocked by me or a visitor to my room !).

I left all to settle overnight and then in the morning colored some ribbon to match and hey presto a Vintage tag.

I am entering this into the following challenges:-
The Craft room - Shabby Vintage
StampMan - Vintage

8 comments:

  1. How unusual, love the shabby vintage GB feel to this thank you for sharing this with us at Craft-Room Challenge, good luck XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this lots! Love that folder - might need to borrow it!!! Love the vintage feel - perfect way to celebrate the jubilee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this folder, made a great card for my Dad's 70th last week, but it will always come in handy.This reminds me of the Queen's jubilee back in 1977.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi, very lovely creation!
    Thank you for sharing this with us at Craft-Room Vintage Challenge, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous tag, the embossing is really gorgeous, and I love the crackle glaze over the image. Thanks for joining in with our Shabby Vintage challenge over at the Craft-Room, and good luck.

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like this - would never have thought of buying that embossing folder but I love what you've done with it hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. A brilliant tag, I love it. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, really evocative. Thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. It is really exciting seeing who has visited.