Monday, 16 April 2012

Quintessentially English

For this fortnights Crafty Boots challenge No Girls Allowed we had to ensure that we didnt use any images of girls, so heres my go, hope you have fun making your creation and joining in the challenge with us.


For this tag I have used my new Indigo blu stamps Pomp and Pageantry that my lovely children ordered for me for Mothers day.

The tag was made from craft resist paper and washed in Ice blue fresco paint. The Union Jacks were stamped on the background  by applying broken glass and fired brick distress stain to the stamp carefully to try and ensure the colours were on the correct bit of the stamp.

The gentleman and big ben were stamped in black soot distress ink and the Great Britain circle in fired brick. the words and clock were inked further with faded jeans and a touch of fired brick around the edge.

Three brads were attached either end but I gave them a good bashing with the hammer as well to give them that worn look.

I found some stripey red white and blue ribbon that blended with the colours and cut it straight through the middle before tying it through the top so I have lots of fraying threads now !. My extra bit of something was some red memory wire I found in one of my boxes of bits, I curled one end round a pencil to make a spring before feeding the other end through the tag twisting it together and creating a second spring and then fed the crown Idealogy piece on to the spring.

Hey presto No girls but a tag that I can use for either a lady or a gentleman depending on the occcassion.  Happy Crafting xxxx.

6 comments:

  1. Great tag Sara. Now please don't take this the wrong way but, I find your stamps evocative of Jack the Ripper and that Victorian era of foggy London and gas lights. All wonderfully nostalgic.

    Brilliant.

    Dionne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi I hadnt thought of it like that but youre right :0)

      Delete
  2. Fab tag, I especially the gorgeous colour!! :)

    Great to see you Saturday although very briefly!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! Love the idea of bashing those brads too! Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha! I know just what Dionne means! I love the whole Victorian feel of the tag and think your gentleman might be a hero in a Austen novel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the detail and colours you have used on this gorgeous tag.
    Emma xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. It is really exciting seeing who has visited.