Sunday, 22 April 2012

Tag #40 summer colours

The Sunday Stamper challenge #202 is Summer Colours so I decided to try and put together some of the colours I like to see in the garden during the summer and came up with this tag.

The colours I used throughout the tag were  - Scattered straw, tumbled glass, fired brick, gathered twig distress inks with some white paint thrown in.  I inked various patched of the three main colours on the tag before laying a piece of sequin remnant over the top and inking the same colours again through the holes.

The stamps I used were from the Paperartsy hotpicks set HP1024EZ.

The Flower sprig was stamped in white paint along with the edge of the tag and additional lines on the tag itself.

The butterflies were stamped in the brown ink and clear embossed and cut out before being inked with the bright colours,

The prima floweres were inked and then attached with brads before mounting the stamped verse and butterflies.
The ribbon was stained using fired brick to tie it all together.

Hope you like my bright colours of summer have a good week all. xx







10 comments:

  1. Hi Sara, the colours are so pretty and vibrant, they are just like a summer's day. The butterflies are really beautiful and it would not be summer without them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I love the colours and those butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super gorgeous - fab colours and a great design. Take care Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pretty bright tag - makes you feel warm inside even if the weather is rubbish outside! Sx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara, your tag is stunning. Those colours just pop and I love your sentiment stamp also. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love crafting with butterflies, so straight away your tag ticks my boxes, Add to that the amazingly vibrant colours in your tag and you have me hooked. Your tag is gorgeous.

    Dionne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours you've had used. Its a good idea using sequin remant, must give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, I love it. The sentiment reduced me tears today. Fantastic again cous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning bright summery colours hun, Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these colours and need to find me some sequin waste! That's cheaper than a mask and such a great pattern!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. It is really exciting seeing who has visited.