Monday, 20 August 2012

Peacock Feathers

The Crafty Boots challenge this fortnight is Tweet Tweet - include a bird of any sort. So I thought I would use my new peacock feathers distress ink and my peacock stamp to see what I could come up with.


The background of the tag was created by swiping peacock feathers, salty ocean and broken china distress ink on my craft mat before spritzing with water and then pulling the tag through the beautiful colours.

The peacock was stamped using archival black ink, and the feathers were cut from mirror card from the sizziz flourish and leaf die which I then lightly inked using citrus and aqua alcohol ink.

I distressed the edge of the tag and lighlty inked with black soot  before stamping the words in black and I added some flourishes in salty ocean.

The feather flourishes were attached with a silver brad which I also lightly inked with alcohol ink.

Enjoy the cahllenge and lets see what bird related projects you can come up with.

6 comments:

  1. What a Fantastic Tag Sara. the colours are beautiful. TFS. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super tag and I love your peacock! Take care Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love these colours, your tag looks amazing.

    Dionne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the peacock and what a clever way to use a flourish! Super tag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tag, I love those colours!
    Hugs from Slovenia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. It is really exciting seeing who has visited.