Friday, 31 August 2012

Tag #50 - Pink Ladies

Heres a quick tag I did last night using just Victorian Velvet distress ink and stain, spun sugar and a touch of seedless preserve. I dont normally do Pink but I quite liked the idea of using colours that dont get used very often.

The stamps were from the dark room door set 1920s Chic bought from Crafty Boots Stash Savers club.

To create the tag background I swiped it using the distress stain before giving a quick spritz with water. This was then stamped in the victorian velvet using one of the adverts from the stamp set. The edges of the tag were then inked in the same colour.

The ladies were stamped onto white card in the Victorian velvet before being lightly painted using a paint brush, water and spun sugar before being cut out and glued on.

The Chic Design label was stamped in seedless preserve on Kraft card. It was all finished with some white ribbon dyed pink , some lace and a sewing machine charm.

I am entering this into the Craft Room challenge Pins and or / Charms.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not overly fond of pink but sometimes we have to do it! Love your tag the images are smashing and do justice to your colour choices. Great make for our Pins and/or Charms Challenge at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great how you have challenged yourself ..using a colour you dont normally work with! The pink tones are perfect for the vintage ladies. Thank you for sharing your card with us at the Craft Room challenge. Suzanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only looked at this set of stamps last week, and it's a beautiful one! I love how you've used these vintage images and the pink definitely suits them, and the touch of Kraft finishes your tag perfectly. Thanks for joining in with our Charms & Pins theme over at the Craft-Room Challenge.

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tag and love the charm!Thank you so much for joining us for our Charms and pins challenge and look forward to seeing you for our collage challenge this fortnight! Hugs

    Nikki Craft room challenge DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. It is really exciting seeing who has visited.