I dont normally make anything for halloween apart from a pumpkin lantern or fancy dress outfit when pestered but I thought I would have a go at the Crafty Boots Challenge - Autumn or Halloween and the Shabby Tea Room Weekly challenge Happy Halloween - using blacks, purples, oranges and neutral ooh and some raffia (that was the hard bit).
I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks and swiped a strip of dusty concorde and spiced marmalade next to each other on my craft sheet and spritzed with water before wiping a tag through it trying not to mix the colours too much.
Once the tag was dry I used a mask made from the Tim Holtz Die - Scaredy Cat and on the orange side inked around the edges with the spiced marmalade and on the purple side used the dusty concorde.
In the bottom right I stamped a cauldron in Memento tuxedo black and some stars from the same set, followed by the words hubble bubble in dusty concorde.
The tag edges were inked in the two colours and finished of by rubbing black all the way round the edges. Once inked I stuck the two black cats using foam pads to give a bit of dimension.
I tied a bow in black lace and attached it to the top corner before digging around my whole craft room for some raffia, eventually I found some in my daughters craft box but it was bright Pink ! so to tone it ii I inked it with the purple and black ink before tying another bow and glueing to the front of the first one. Through the tag top I tied purple, black and cream ribbon ensuring I had covered all the colours required for the challenges.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN everyone..

This is fabulous! Love the colours and the masking - really great job Sara!
ReplyDeleteReally great effect and I love the colours you have used.
ReplyDeleteThanks for playing along with us at Crafty Boots Challenge.
Dionne
Wow! What an amazing tag!! Awesome work!!
ReplyDeleteThank you very much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!
Hugs...
Melissa
Like your over the edge cats with the dimension added and bright colours.
ReplyDeleteVery cute card! Love the colors and use of ink :D
ReplyDelete