Monday, 30 April 2012

Yellow !

The Crafty Boots Challenge this fortnight set by Faye is Yellow. Now I am not so sure about the colour yellow but a challenge is a challenge so here we go  - hope you can join  in too.

The background is made from swiping mustard seed and scattered straw distress ink onto my craft mat which I then spritzed with water before swiping a couple lines of wild honey distress stain next to it, I did the stain after as it is already in a liquid form so it didnt need the extra water. Once this was ready I swiped the tag through the colours a couple fo times to get the right effect.

When the tag was dry (with a bit of help from my heat gun) I inked around the edge in the mustard seed followed by walnut stain.

In the top left I stamped the scientific symbols from Tim Holtz stampers anonymous steampunk stamp set (this stamp gets used everywhere) in wild honey (I applied the stain direct to the stamp).

The flowers were cut using the Tim Holtz tattered floral die, the flowers were stamped using a grid stamp in Walnut stain before being slightly inked with mustard seed. the centres of the circles were hand cut and embossed with clear powder before being firmly inked with the mustard seed. I stamped some stalks in crushed olive before cutting them out and sticking them to the tag at the bottom before shaping the flowwers and sticking them on followed by the centres.

To finish I added some ricrac and matching button and some dragon fly brads as well as inking some white ribbon with the mustard seed and tying through the top with extra ricrac. Enjoy yourselves and lets get inky !

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sara

    I am loving all the yellow designs, just what we need to combat the recent bad weather, and your tag is just what the doctor ordered. I particularly adore those tiny dragonflies, they are so sweet.

    Dionne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the background and 3 flowers. Yeah, for the yellow challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb! Love reading about what techniques you used, inspires me every time! Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tag! The flowers look great with the grid stamp and have just given me an idea! Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sara, Great tag with lots interest.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely, that grid stamp is fab and I love what you've done with it xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. It is really exciting seeing who has visited.